Bradley passing on Khan fight – Will the King fight Judah?
By William Mackay: Dan Rafael is reporting that WBC/WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley has decided to pass on fighting WBA light welterweight champ Amir Khan on July 23rd. The thought here is that Bradley will wait out the fight with Khan until Bradley’s promotional contract runs out with his promoter Gary Shaw at the end of June. At that point, Bradley will be looking for a fight against the best possible opponent whoever that may be.
Since Khan is slated to fight on July 23rd on HBO, he is in the tough position where he’s going to have to pick someone else, and because of how HBO tends to strict in terms of match-making, Khan is likely going to have to face someone decent. Khan can’t go out and dig up another Paul McCloskey type fighter again and expect HBO to bend over backwards for Khan. He’s going to have to fight someone that will have a chance of knocking him cold. The opponents that are being considered right now are pretty narrow.
There’s Erik Morales, Roberto Guerrero and Zab Judah. You kind of see who has a good chance and who doesn’t just by looking at them. Guerrero and is the youngster of the group and the one with the most left in the tank. Guerrero would be a nightmare for Khan, because of his superior inside fighting ability and his decent power. He won’t get the fight, believe. Khan’s management will never let Guerrero get a shot at Khan’s chin. Morales, 34, might get the fight if he is willing to put off his rematch with Marcos Maidana. Judah is the best choice but he’s also the one with the best chance of knocking Khan out cold. That makes him someone that will likely never get a shot against Khan unless Judah suddenly starts looking shot.
More Boxing News:
- Tim Bradley: Danny Garcia is ‘Tailormade’ for Errol Spence
- Hearn: ‘Don’t think you’ll see Kell Brook in the ring again’
- Tim Bradley says Crawford vs. Spence won’t happen
- Amir Khan: Kell Brook can end Terence Crawford’s reign
- Canelo freezing GGG out, says he must wait until after he unifies 168-lb division
- Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia – preview
- Video: Mike Tyson vs Jones Jr – Thoughts on the recent Exhibition
- Live Stream: Canelo Alvarez – Callum Smith DAZN Press Conference