Bradley passing on Khan fight – Will the King fight Judah?
By William Mackay: Dan Rafael is reporting that WBC/WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley has decided to pass on fighting WBA light welterweight champ Amir Khan on July 23rd. The thought here is that Bradley will wait out the fight with Khan until Bradley’s promotional contract runs out with his promoter Gary Shaw at the end of June. At that point, Bradley will be looking for a fight against the best possible opponent whoever that may be.
Since Khan is slated to fight on July 23rd on HBO, he is in the tough position where he’s going to have to pick someone else, and because of how HBO tends to strict in terms of match-making, Khan is likely going to have to face someone decent. Khan can’t go out and dig up another Paul McCloskey type fighter again and expect HBO to bend over backwards for Khan. He’s going to have to fight someone that will have a chance of knocking him cold. The opponents that are being considered right now are pretty narrow.
There’s Erik Morales, Roberto Guerrero and Zab Judah. You kind of see who has a good chance and who doesn’t just by looking at them. Guerrero and is the youngster of the group and the one with the most left in the tank. Guerrero would be a nightmare for Khan, because of his superior inside fighting ability and his decent power. He won’t get the fight, believe. Khan’s management will never let Guerrero get a shot at Khan’s chin. Morales, 34, might get the fight if he is willing to put off his rematch with Marcos Maidana. Judah is the best choice but he’s also the one with the best chance of knocking Khan out cold. That makes him someone that will likely never get a shot against Khan unless Judah suddenly starts looking shot.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan targeting Keith Thurman, Manny Pacquiao & Danny Garcia
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”
- Amir Khan: Joshua has to go for the KILL against Fury
- Amir Khan denies being put DOWN by Manny Pacquiao in sparring
- Tim Bradley says Shakur Stevenson could be the successor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Vasily Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez not looking good for Oct.3
- Erislandy Lara fights on August 29 on FOX in Los Angeles
- Devin Haney intrigued by Adrien Broner fight
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev to fight in December with fans or without
- Leo Santa Cruz plans on burying Tank Davis with pressure on Oct.24