Booth’s strategy for Groves to beat DeGale won’t help Haye defeat Wladimir
By William Mackay: Right now, trainer/manager Adam Booth is getting bucket fulls of praise poured over his head by adoring fans and media alike due to the successful strategy that Booth came up with for his fighter Commonwealth super middleweight champion George Groves (13-0, 10 KO’s) to pull off an upset and beat British super middleweight champ James DeGale (10-1, 8 KO’s) by a 12 round majority decision recently.
However, that strategy won’t help WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23 Ko’s) in his fight against IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO’s) on July 2nd in their unification bout in Hamburg, Germany. It’s not one size fits all with Booth and his strategy. He came up with a plan that barely worked for Groves, and only seemed to work because DeGale failed to get his act in gear in the first four rounds of the fight. Booth is getting the same kind of love that Freddie Roach has been getting because of the success that Pacquiao has had in last three years. However, Roach is definitely human and not all of his fighters find the same kind of success as Pacquiao. It takes a good fighter to begin with for Roach to get the great results. You can’t take a guy with zero skills and work him into a champion no matter what kind of fight strategy that you come up with.
Booth’s plans for Haye to beat Wladimir are rather limited because all the things that Booth can come up with have already been tried and failed against Wladimir. If Booth is going to have Haye using movement all night, it will only result in Haye losing by a wide decision because he won’t be able to land enough punches to win any rounds. And if Booth has Haye attack in brief spurts, it still won’t be enough for Haye to win. The last thing that Booth will do is have Haye go right at Wladimir early to see if Haye can knock him out before Wladimir busts up Haye’s face with jabs.
More Boxing News:
- David Haye pushing for Dillian Whyte vs. Dereck Chisora 3 on November 21st
- David Haye wants Chisora to fight Dillian Whyte in trilogy
- Haye giving Chisora a great chance of beating Usyk
- Haye says Whyte in denial about his knockout loss
- Billy Joe Saunders vs. Martin Murray – live results
- Lawrence Okolie vs. Michal Cieslak possible for Dec.12th for WBO cruiserweight belt
- Saunders needs to impress against Murray to get Canelo’s attention
- Live Stream: Errol Spence Jr. Vs. Danny Garcia Fox Weigh In