Kendall Holt vs. Lenin Arroyo on Bradley-Alexander undercard on 1/29
By Jason Kim: Former World Boxing Organization (WBO) light welterweight champion Kendall Holt (25-4, 13 KO’s) will be trying to turn his career around around Lenin Arroyo (20-14-1, 4 KO’s) on the undercard of the light welterweight champion between WBC champion Devon Alexander vs. WBO light welterweight champion Timothy Bradley at the Silverdome, in Pontiac, Michigan.
Holt, 29, was the WBO light welterweight champion from 2008 when he defeated knockout artist Ricardo Torres by a 1st round head butt knockout until losing his title against Bradley by a 12 round decision in April 2009. Holt didn’t fight again until 10 months later when he took on the tough South African Kaizer Mabuza in February 2010, and was dominated by Mabuza in a 6th round stoppage loss.
Holt wasn’t ready for the kind of pace that Mabuza set and didn’t have the fire power to compete with him. In hindsight, Holt needed to ease his way back into higher level competition instead of taking on someone as dangerous as Mabuza after being out of the ring for 10 long months. Holt won’t have that same problem against Arroyo, though, as he’s lost his last seven fights going into his bout with Holt and has very little power to speak of.
Holt should win this fight fairly easy unless he’s totally lost his confidence and/or ability since the loss to Mabuza. Holt’s two fights with Torres may have taken something out of him, as Torres connected with some really huge shots in both of those fights and had Holt hurt both times. Holt did well against Bradley, but was unable to win enough rounds due to Bradley’s better work rate.
More Boxing News:
- ‘Keith Thurman needs to get his mind right’ – Tim Bradley
- Tim Bradley prediction: Deontay Wilder STOPS Tyson Fury
- Danny Garcia calls Tim Bradley a “Top Rank puppet”
- Tim Bradley: Crawford is BEGGING the PBC fighters to face him
- Gervonta Davis SLAMS Timothy Bradley
- Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2, Haney vs. Campbell & Prograis vs. Hooker in July or August in U.S
- Eddie Hearn talks DAZN and Canelo vs. Saunders for 2020
- Andy Ruiz Jr. – NO days off from training
- Naoya Inoue vs. John Riel Casimero in September in Las Vegas
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev marketed to the wealthy?