Fighters that will lose in 2011: Haye, Khan and Froch
By Scott Gilfoid: I have bad news for British boxing fans. Some of their biggest heros, Amir Khan, Carl Froch and David Haye, are very likely going to lose in 2011 and take major beatings in the process. It’s part of boxing for a fighters to get whipped but these guys are long overdue. Khan already almost got taken apart recently in his fight with Marcos Maidana. I called it a draw and I don’t think Khan proved a thing in that fight other than he still has a glass jaw. He’ll get destroyed by Timothy Bradley or Devon Alexander. Maidana and Breidis Prescott would cremate Khan if given a rematch. They won’t get one, of course.
Froch already spanked this year by Mikkel Kessler, but next year Froch will take a major beating when/if he gets in the ring with the talented American Andre Ward in the finals of the Super Six tournament. I have my doubts Froch will make it past his next opponent 41-year-old Glen Johnson in the semifinals of the tourney. I can see Froch getting trounced in a surprise beating. I’m really hoping Froch can get by Johnson so we can get a finals of Froch vs. Ward.
If that fight takes place, you’re going to see Froch get whipped in one of the worst one-sided beatings you can imagine. Froch won’t win a round and will go home having lost every round of the fight. Haye has a fight coming up against one of the Klitschko brothers. Since Haye’s been flapping his gums 24/7 about retiring at 30, he’s really boxed himself in the corner so he has to fight one of the Klitschko brothers before then, otherwise he misses out on the biggest payday of his career before he retires.
He’s going to look to cash out by getting the most money he can in his fight with Klitschko. Honestly, Haye stands no chance against either of the Klitschko brothers. The only way I can see Haye beating either of those guys is if he goes rabbit punch crazy when one of them makes the mistake of trying to clinch. Haye went hog wild against John Ruiz every time Ruiz tried to clinch, clobbering him with one rabbit shot after another. It makes it hard to fight the guy if you know that you can’t avoid clinching. If it was me, I’d study up on rabbit shots and play the same game with him when he gets in close. They’d have to pull me off of him. I’d braining him big time with rabbit shots.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Amir Khan calling out Oscar De La Hoya
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Freddie Roach tells Conor Mcgregor, Pacquiao beats you easier than Hatton
- Gary Russell gives Devin Haney final ultimatum for terms
- Boxing Results: Tony Yoka destroys Johann Duhaupas in 1st round TKO
- Ellerbe predicts Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko & Jermell vs. Rosario outcomes
- Conor McGregor says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next in Middle East