Amir Khan a Future Star or a glass-chinned fake?
By NakMuayNoi: After coming through the toughest fight World Boxing Association (WBA) Champion Amir Khan has proved a lot of critics wrong. First of all, Khan’s ‘glass chin’ this was defiantly put to rest after he stood up to the haymakers from Marcos Maidana in the 10th round. Khan survived for three rounds after being badly hurt but pulled through to weather to finish the 12th round with blistering fast combinations to his opponent Marcos Maidana.
Before this fight people, criticized Khan’s ability to take hard punches. this came after Khan was knocked out within a minute of his fight against Breidis Prescott. Khan was clearly caught cold during that fight, but last Saturday night Khan was taking hard shots from Maidana all night long.
But after this fight, it seems like Khan proved something but then again he showed us more weakness in his game. Khan hardly out boxed Maidana over the 12 rounds, Even though Khan’s movement in the ring, many times during the later stage of the fight he was off balance and the last and main thing that was lacking from Khan was his defence. He was getting tagged to easy for a faster fighter and Maidana isn’t a fast, tactical boxer, and yet he still managed to connect a lot of punches.
A lot of people are talking about this fight as being the potential downfall for Khan cause of the punishment he took in the last couple of rounds. But in face it can work in Khan’s favour since he can realize the mistakes he made and not to go to war with a puncher like Maidana, whatever the round. Good thing about Khan he has a lot of time on his hand, he’s still young and learning and has more then enough potential to become a great fighter, especially with trainer Freddie Roach and Golden Boy backing Khan.
No matter what Khan achieves in his boxing career, he always be hated and criticized by many, but that just shows Khan is doing something right. I’m not saying Khan is going to be the greatest but he has potential and only time will tell.
But give the guy a break, he just displayed one of the fights of the year and fought one of the most dangerous guys in the division.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Amir Khan calling out Oscar De La Hoya
- Amir Khan targeting Keith Thurman, Manny Pacquiao & Danny Garcia
- Let’s be honest about Vasily Lomachenko
- Lomachenko has undergone shoulder surgery following loss to Teofimo Lopez
- Lomachenko vs. Lopez peaked at around 3 million viewers on ESPN
- Dave Allen needs new opponent, Christian Hammer tests for COVID 19
- Teofimo Lopez – Bob Arum lists options for his next fight in 2021