Alexander-Bradley: Timothy will take this fight
By Jason Kim: Next month the two best fighters in the light welterweight division WBO champion Timothy Bradley (26-0, 11 KO’s) and WBC title holder Devon Alexander (21-0, 13 KO’s) will tangle to prove who’s the best fighter in the division in a fight at the Silverdome, in Pontiac, Michigan. Bradley, 27, has looked very impressive in the past two years in easily beating quality fighters like Lamont Peterson, Luis Carlos Abregu and Kendall Holt to earn respect from boxing fans as the best fighter in the division.
While a small minority of people may think that WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan could be the best fighter, his life and death battle with Marcos Maidana earlier this month pretty much rules Khan out as being the best fighter in the division at the same level as Bradley. Timothy is fighting on a higher level right now, and not beating fighters but totally dominating them.
Alexander is a real live dog in this fight. He’s got a great jab, excellent power in either hand and fast hand speed. Alexander also is young at 23 and has proven himself in wins over former World Boxing Association light welterweight champion Andriy Kotelnik, Junior Witter and Juan Urango. Alexander was dominating all of his opposition until having to struggle to beat Kotelnik recently.
I don’t think that’s indicative that Alexander doesn’t have the ability to hang with Bradley, but more of a case that Alexander just wasn’t ready for Kotelnik’s powerful jab and excellent counter punching skills. Alexander is a good fighter and is going to give Bradley problems for as long as this fight lasts. However, I see Bradley as being too good for him and I can see Alexander not being able to hang with him on the inside when Bradley starts turning up the heat early in the fight.
More Boxing News:
- Tim Bradley says Shakur Stevenson could be the successor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- ‘Keith Thurman needs to get his mind right’ – Tim Bradley
- Tim Bradley prediction: Deontay Wilder STOPS Tyson Fury
- Danny Garcia calls Tim Bradley a “Top Rank puppet”
- Tim Bradley: Crawford is BEGGING the PBC fighters to face him
- Hearn talks Jermall Charlo vs. Demetrius Andrade
- Jaime Munguia ready to fight Gennady Golovkin in 2021
- Teofimo wants Ryan Garcia, Tank, and Haney to prove themselves worthy to face him
- Tyson Fury’s shortlist: Kabayel and Takam for Dec.5 in London
- Teofimo Lopez not interested in Vasily Lomachenko rematch