Wladimir tells Haye “Maybe you’ll get a lucky punch”
By William Mackay: IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko thinks that WBA heavyweight champion David Haye is plain scared of him and thinks that Haye will back out of a fight with him. In an interview with AP, Wladimir says “I understand he’s scared, but just get yourself together, and maybe you’ll get a lucky punch or whatever.” Klitschko, 34, is tired of Haye and really wants to take him apart in the ring. Wladimir doesn’t just want to beat him. He wants to make Haye suffer for 12 long rounds and end up with what Wladimir calls a “Pizza face.”
Haye has been talking about Wladimir for ages it seems, but he’s letting his manager/trainer try and work out a deal with Wladimir’s management. But it’s unclear whether a fight can be put together unless Haye comes down from his request of a 50-50 deal.
Wladimir says “I think he’s [Haye] frightened and he won’t be willing to take the chance, but it’s important for me to say that nothing is in the way. There are no other fights. There will be enough money for everybody. He just has to do what he says he will.” Haye was supposed to fight Wladimir last year, but developed a back ailment weeks before the fight. Wladimir then decided to fight someone else rather than wait on Haye’s back injury to heal.
About Haye’s back injury, Wladimir says “It’s obvious now that his back injury was just garbage, and he’s a liar.” Wladimir is hoping that he can get Haye to fight him this time and make it to the bout without pulling out for one reason or another. The negotiations will be the key. Unless Haye comes down from his request of parity with Klitschko, there likely won’t be a fight. Haye will have to accept taking less, but even if Haye does take 30%, there’s still so much money to be made in this fight that it won’t really matter. He’ll do well regardless. Haye has a lot to lose, though. He’s the one that’s most likely going to be beaten and if he gets knocked out badly or dominated by Wladimir, it could hurt Haye in getting a huge money fight in the future. Haye has to look good winning or losing the fight.
More Boxing News:
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- Andy Ruiz Jr and Chris Arreola in discussions for fight
- Fury sparring partner Anderson slams glove tampering claims
- Canelo Alvarez wants a TOP fighter for September 12 says Eric Gomez
- Golden Boy: Ryan Garcia is passing on WBO title eliminator, wants Luke Campbell
- The Story Of Michael Bentt: Heavyweight’s Forgotten King