It’s Time for the Klitschkos to put up or shut up
By Steven Wain: As you may have seen, one half of the Klitschko brothers Wladimir Klitschko has issued a challenge to WBA world heavyweight champion and boxing sensation David Haye. I would firstly like to say what a stupid move by Wladimir, as I feel he does not even deserve to be in the same ring as Haye. Haye is no Eddie Chambers, Ruslan Chagaev, Hasim Rahman or Tony Thompson, the past four fighters Wladimir has fought to keep hold of his titles.
If Wladimir really wants to fight David that much then he needs to give Haye 70% of the earnings after all David is the one that will generate most of the income, not a boring Klitschko. Hate him or love him, David Haye is the talk of the heavyweight division. I think Wladimir might be jealous of his skill, popularity and deep down the knowledge he will never beat him, so he has turned to running his mouths off. Well, it just makes him look like a silly immature child, even the most hardened of the Klitschko fans – the whole 2 of them (and one is their mother) – can’t disagree that Wladimir made himself look a little scared.
As it is, Wladimir has put out the challenge to Haye but he does not sound confident. As a boxing expert, I have heard a lot of boxers calling out others, but Wladimir sounds extremely unconfident, and so he should be. I’m sorry but Haye is too smart for the usual jab, jab, right from Wladimir all night long.
I can see Wladimir getting seriously hurt if this fight ever happens. This will also be his first ever heavyweight test and we will soon find out what a poor fight he is. My prediction is that David will destroy him inside the first three rounds.
So there you have it, Wladimir Klitschko shut your mouth and start fighting. No one likes a trash talker unless you can back it up like Haye, which I think you probably can’t.
More Boxing News:
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- Nonito Donaire motivated for ‘The Takeover’ at 118
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division