Pavlik vs. Williams – Anyone’s Guess
By Steven Wain: On November 21st at the Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States, Kelly “Ghost” Pavlik (35-1-31 KO’s) takes on Paul “The Punisher” Williams (37-1-27 KO’s) for Pavlik’s WBC middleweight, WBO middleweight and ring magazine titles.
27 year old Kelly Pavlik who is the current WBC middleweight, WBO middleweight and ring magazine champion, comes to the fight after successfully defending his titles against Marco Antonio Rubio. Beating 31 out of 35 of his opponents by knock Out and, never being knocked out himself Pavlik is a true champion and it will take a lot from Williams if he wants to dethrone the champ.
If anyone is going to take Pavlik’s belts from him then it will be southpaw boxer Paul Williams, Williams enter the fight with 4 straight wins 3 of them in fact by Knock Out while the latest one was a unanimous points victory against Ronald Wright. Williams a fighter with good speed and a decent chin should be able to bring the best out of champ Kelly Pavlik.
With both fighter having only lost once so far in there respected careers, Pavlik to legend Berhard Hopkins by unanimous decision and Williams to Carlos Quintana also by unanimous decision. They both also have an extremely good KO record, with Pavlik just edging it, they are equal in many departments and has had me and my friends arguing abut who’s going to come out the other side a winner, it has been split right down the middle with both fighters getting roughly the same amount of votes but, everyone on something and that is that it will be going the distance.
When matching them up although it is extremely close I have just given Pavlik just has the edge, because of him being the champion and being in the ring with the likes of Jermain Taylor however, it will be very very close and may even come down to a split decision.
More Boxing News:
- Kelly Pavlik considering comeback at cruiserweight
- Pavlik warns Lomachenko about fighting Mikey Garcia
- Kelly Pavlik almost came back last year for Golovkin fight
- Paul Williams Returns To Boxing As A Trainer
- Paul Williams is still a People’s Champion
- Keith Thurman ready to fight behind-closed doors
- Mike Tyson looking chiseled training for exhibition
- Manny Pacquiao reacts to Floyd Mayweather calling him an “OLD man”
- Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
- Mayweather could have ended Canelo’s career – Mauricio Sulaiman