Boxing News - Latest Headlines


title Donaire’s adviser says he’s moving down to 122

donaire756 - CopyBy Chris Williams: Nonito Donaire (33-3, 21 KOs) has given up on his idea of campaigning as a featherweight after tasting defeat at the hands of WBA featherweight champion Nicholas Walters last October in an embarrassing 6th round knockout loss. Donaire, 32, is now moving back down to super bantamweight where he previously held a title.

Donaire’s manager Cameron Dunkin believes that he’ll be able to win a world title at super bantamweight. Read the rest of this entry »



title Ola Afolabi vs. Victor Emilio Ramirez for interim IBF cruiserweight title

By Jim Dower: Former WBO cruiserweight champion Victor Emilio Ramirez (21-2, 17 KOs) will be facing former three time world title challenger Ola Afolabi (21-3-4, 10 KOs) for the interim cruiserweight title at a still to be determined date and venue. Read the rest of this entry »



title Bradley to Khan: I’m not afraid of you. Let’s fight!

bradley333By Scott Gilfoid: #2 WBO, #4 IBF, #5 WBC Tim Bradley (31-1-1, 12 KOs) says he’s up for facing #1 WBC, #2 WBC Amir Khan (30-3, 19 KOs) if he’s open to taking the fight.

Bradley says he’s not afraid to face the 28-year-old Khan, and if he really wants to face him then he should contact his management to try and make the fight happen. Read the rest of this entry »



title Stiverne-Wilder ALL ACCESS on Showtime this Friday, 1/9

By Scott Gilfoid: Boxing fans luckily enough to be a subscriber to Showtime are going to have a real treat this Friday, January 9th when ALL ACCESS televises the Bername Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder episode at 10:45 p.m. ET/PT. Read the rest of this entry »



title Koncz: We’re giving the [Mayweather-Pacquiao] negotiations until the end of the month

pac2By Chris Williams: Manny Pacquiao’s close personal adviser Michael Koncz is saying that they’re giving the negotiations until the end of January and then they’re moving on if nothing has happened by then. After that, presumably Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum and Koncz will start looking for their plan-B opponent to match him up against in April.

The guy who’s name has been mentioned the most is WBA light welterweight champion Jessie Vargas. Read the rest of this entry »



title Brian Rose hoping win over Carson Jones leads to world title shot

rose123By Scott Gilfoid: Former world title challenger Brian Rose (26-2-1, 8 KOs) is hoping that a victory over 28-year-old journeyman Carson Jones (36-10-3, 26 KOs) next month will lead him down the path to a world title shot.

Rose, 29, and Jones will be fighting on February 14th for the vacant WBC International light middleweight title at the Winter Gardens, Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom. Read the rest of this entry »



title DeGale’s adviser thinks Groves-DeGale 2 rematch for IBF title possible in 2015

degale334By Scott Gilfoid: Ambrose Mendy, the adviser for #1 IBF, #4 WBC James DeGale (20-1, 14 KOs), thinks a rematch between DeGale and former two time world title challenger George Groves (21-2, 16 KOs) for the vacant IBF super middleweight title if the current champion Carl Froch is stripped or vacates due to him failing to defend it against DeGale, his IBF mandatory.

Froch has until January 31st to make up his mind whether he’ll face DeGale or not. If not, then the IBF will likely start the stripping process of Froch if he doesn’t relinquish it himself. Read the rest of this entry »



title Joseph Parker to spar with Wladimir Klitschko

wladimir7245By Allan Fox: The big hitting New Zealand knockout artist Joseph Parker (12-0, 10 KOs) will be sparring with IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko in Austria to get him ready for his next fight. The sparring will take place in April, according to Nzcity.

Wladimir doesn’t have an opponent signed yet, but he’s in negotiations with #2 WBA, #3 WBC Bryant Jennings. The 22-year-old Parker is a much different type of heavyweight than the 6’3” Jennings, starting with the 6’4” Parker’s bigger size. Read the rest of this entry »



title Chavez Jr sees Froch and Golovkin fights possible for 2015

chavez012By Dan Ambrose: Despite being in limbo due to promotional problems with Top Rank, former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (48-1-1, 32 KOs) believes he’s not only going to fight IBF/WBA super middleweight champion Carl Froch this year but also Gennady Golovkin.

Chavez Jr wants both fights. His promoter Bob Arum though says that the Froch fight won’t happen. Arum is happy to make the fight but it would be under Top Rank, and that’s something that Chavez Jr may or may not be willing to do. Read the rest of this entry »



title Mayweather shows off expensive plane

By Chris Williams: WBA/WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr isn’t letting the stress of his tough negotiations with Team Pacquiao get to him for their proposed mega-fight on May 2nd. Mayweather is still enjoying himself with his expensive cars, houses and in this case his plane. Read the rest of this entry »



The views expressed in all articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of BoxingNews24 or its affiliates.

Privacy Statement l Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Boxing Resources l Contact Us