Boxing News - Latest Headlines

title DeGale: I’m the No.1 super middleweight on the planet!

James DeGale and Badou Jack

By Scott Gilfoid: IBF super middleweight champion James DeGale (23-1, 14 KOs) is about to take a TREMENDOUS risk with his career in facing WBC 168lb champion Badou Jack (20-1-2, 12 KOs) in a unification match on January 14 on Showtime Boxing at a still to be determined venue in the U.S.

DeGale, 30, believes that he’s the best fighter in the 168lb division despite the fact that he struggled BADLY in his recent fights against Rogelio Mendez, Lucian Bute and Andre Dirrell. Those were not the performances that you would expect to see from someone blabbering about how he’s the best in the super middleweight division. Read the rest of this entry »

title Pacquiao kicks Canelo’s backside says Roach


By Dan Ambrose: Manny Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum recently joked of wanting to put him in with KO artist Gennady Golovkin, but now it appears that Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach is interested in matching him against WBO junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Roach says he’s not concerned with the size of the 26-year-old Canelo, who some boxing fans believe he rehydrates into the 180s for his fights, as long as he can get him to agree to a rehydration limit.

Roach feels that Pacquiao will whip Canelo’s backside if he can get him to agree to a fight with a set rehydration limit. Roach wants to keep Canelo from rehydrating 30 pounds after he weighs in. Roach feels that Pacquiao can beat Canelo, but not if the Mexican star is 30 pounds heavier than him on fight night. Read the rest of this entry »

title Spence is not the only shark in the pool – Kiram and Horn bite

By Jaime Ortega: A lot of new prospects in the welterweight division claim to be the new revelation of boxing. With Floyd Mayweather Jr. out of the picture and a semi-finished Manny Pacquiao, the table has turned and the welterweight division is now highly competitive and stacked with talent. Read the rest of this entry »

title Canelo vs. Golovkin = 50-50 fight says Guerrero


By Dan Ambrose: Welterweight contender Robert Guerrero says he sees the potential fight between middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs) and Golden Boy star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) as a 50-50 fight that could go either way at this point.

Guerrero bases his opinion on how Canelo and Golovkin looked in their last two fights. Guerrero saw how Golovkin was hit a lot in his recent fight against welterweight Kell Brook on September 10 last month. Read the rest of this entry »

title Demetrius Andrade battles Jack Culcay on 11/5


By Eric Baldwin: #1 WBA Demetrius Andrade (23-0, 16 KOs) will be facing undefeated WBA junior middleweight champion Jack Culcay (22-1, 11 KOs) on November 5 at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany.

Andrade, 28, is going to be going into foreign territory to fight the German based 31-year-old Culcay, and he may need a knockout in order to leave the Arena with Culcay’s title in his possession. It’s still unclear which television network will show the Andrade vs. Culcay fight if any. Read the rest of this entry »

title Joshua’s December 10th fight televised by Showtime


By Scott Gilfoid: IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua’s December 10th fight will be televised by Showtime Boxing in the U.S, which isn’t all that surprising news, because the British fighter was recently signed by the network to a multi-fight deal. However, Showtime will be taking a gamble in showing the 6’6” Joshua’s fight, because they still don’t know who the opponent will be for him.

According to Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn, the list of candidates for his December 10 fight is down to these three options: David Price, Eric Molina and Bryant Jennings. Those are not exactly world beaters. Read the rest of this entry »

title Will Kell Brook duck Errol Spence Jr. fight?


By Scott Gilfoid: IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook (36-1, 25 KOs) has been talking about wanting to fight everybody lately but the guy that he’s supposed to be facing in #1 IBF mandatory challenger Errol Spence Jr. (21-0, 18 KOs).

The International Boxing Federation is supposed to be giving Brook and Spence their marching orders on October 26th. It’ll be interesting to see if the IBF followed through with that or if they’re going to wait awhile for Brook to finish licking his wounds from his 5th round knockout loss to the talented wrecking machine Gennady “GGG” Golovkin last September. Read the rest of this entry »

title Shannon Briggs unhappy with David Haye


By Scott Gilfoid:” Shannon Briggs says he’s unhappy with British heavyweight David Haye, as feels that he’s not a man of his word by him failing to give him a fight after he agreed to fight on his undercard last May at the O2 Arena in London, England.

The 44-year-old Briggs thought that by fighting on Haye’s undercard, he would then get a fight against him. However, Haye hasn’t given Briggs a fight, and it’s unclear if he ever will. Haye recently said that a fight between him and Briggs would need to be on pay-per-view, because the interest isn’t there. Read the rest of this entry »

title Mayweather-Pacquiao rematch possible says CBS executive

Floyd Mayweather

By Allan Fox: CBS chairman and chief executive Leslie Moonves reportedly believes a rematch between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is possible, according to the LA Times. Moonves told Pacquiao’s trainer Freddie Roach he thinks the rematch can take place. Roach and Pacquiao both want a second chance at Mayweather after losing a 12 round decision last year in May in the ‘fight of the century in 2015.

Thus far, the 39-year-old Mayweather has been consistent in his decision not to fight Pacquiao again despite the huge amount of money he could make from the fight. Mayweather is currently promoting and doing a lot of traveling. He’s obviously making money in his promotional efforts and with his investments, but he can make far more by facing Pacquiao a second time. Read the rest of this entry »

title Robert Guerrero wants Pacquiao-Vargas winner

1-Guerrero vs Peralta_08_27_2016_Fight_Andy Samuelson _ Premier Boxing Champions12

By Dan Ambrose: The struggling former two division world champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (33-5-1, 18 KOs) says he’s hoping to face Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs) if he gets past World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Jessie Vargas (27-1, 10 KOs) in their fight on November 5 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Guerrero says he wants the big names like Pacquiao and Danny Garcia. However, Guerrero is coming off of a 12 round split decision loss to former Argentinian taxi driver David Peralta (26-2-1, 14 KOs) last August at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Read the rest of this entry »



Enter your email address:

Link To Us
please use above banner to link back to us!
Privacy Statement l Back to top of page l Cookies Policy l Contact Us