Arslan thinks he’ll beat Marco Huck on November 3rd
There is some unfinished business between Marco Huck (36-2-1, 25 KOs) and Firat Arslan (33-6-2, 21 KOs). On November 3 of last year the two fighters squared off at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle/Westphalia, Germany, for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) Cruiserweight World Championship. Back then Huck won a close decision on points. However, Arslan saw himself ahead after the full twelve rounds.
“In our mind, this battle is a question of honor,” said Chris Meyer, Managing Director of Sauerland Event during Thursday’s press conference. “Both boxers saw themselves as the winner. But there is an easy way to end this debate, a rematch. That way Huck as well as Arslan now have the opportunity to prove who deserves to be called world champion.”
Although the cruiserweight fight of the year got a bit feisty at times, champion and challenger never forgot their sportsmanship. “Last year I underestimated Firat. That won’t happen again,” said the 28-year-old. “I did prove my worth against Afolabi just a few weeks ago. Whenever I train hard and give it my all, no cruiserweight can stop me. I am aiming to prove that once again on September 14.” Huck also believes that it won’t turn out to be a disadvantage for him, that the second fight will be close to the challenger´s home. “I have always said that I will take on anybody, anytime, anywhere. Others would have probably waited longer to face Arslan again. But I wanted to get it on as soon as possible, so that this topic is over and done with.”
And the 42-year-old Arslan, who in boxing terms isn’t they youngest anymore, is happy to have another opportunity to win a world championship. “I am very excited that we will be fighting in Stuttgart,” said the former WBA Champion. “However, that wasn’t my decision. I would have fought him anywhere in the world. In my eyes it is more important that I got another title shot.” The former champion is convinced that this time round he will leave the ring victories. “If I perform as well as I did last time, and the judges are open-minded, I will take the WBO Belt back home with me.”
Tickets for the big fight night at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle on September 14 can be purchased at www.eventim.de, www.easyticket.de and www.boxen.com.
George Ungiadze arrives in Ghana, ready for Lawson
The Georgian Strongman George Ungiadze has arrived in Ghana with mountains confidence and promised to obliterate Frederick Lawson. Exuding confidence, the Macho Georgian gladiator talked as he shoved journalists aside who were meeting his arrival at the Kutoka International Airport in the outskirt of Accra, Ghana.
Accompanied by his manager/trainer Daviti Davitiani, the Georgian strongman showed no sign of jetlag as most people travelling long journey would show. After the plane carrying him touched the ground he immediately went straight to the gym to work out after checking in the hotel.
The exuding of confidences add more fuel to the fire as Ghanaians await the rumble of the two young Turks for the IBF International Welterweight Title over the weekend.
In an astounded scene to those who were watching his work out, he punched the boxing bag so hard as if he wanted to tear it apart ostensibly to send the clear message to his nemeses for their July 20, 2013 rumble.
The arrival of the Georgian Strongman Ungiladze is anticlimax in the process that saw three other opponents of Lawson chickened out citing illness and other reasons beyond their control. But, now the rumble is some hours away where these two lads would meet and square it out.
As time keep flying fast, Medicine men and Juju magic papas in Accra are busy making rounds predicting apocalypse for the Georgian slugger in the hands of the Ghanian handsomely IBF Continental Africa Welterweight King Frederick Lawson who is rated by the IBF I/C at number #5 respectively!
Welcome to Africa George Ungiladze. Africa has away to welcome those who are fighting for honors by preparing the proper arena for them. Feel at home Georgian strongman!